Local Drywall Company in Grand Junction seeking candidate for long term - Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Position
$18.00/hr+ - Dependent on Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include the following:
Reports To: Controller and CFO SUMMARY Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of AP invoices, including the payment of invoices to vendors, as authorized by Management. Responsible for the AR duties as required.
- Maintain vendor information in the Accounting System
- Prepares an estimate of payables for each week’s Accounts Payable Check Run
- Reviews account coding for accuracy and ensures appropriate approvals are obtained
- Match purchase orders with both material receipts and vendor invoices
- Communicate with internal and external customers to provide support and problem resolution
- Create weekly aging analysis reports
- Process ACH’s and wires into the bank web portal.
- Process and mail checks
- Maintain voucher files - Reconcile vendor accounts monthly
- Prepare monthly accrued payables entry as required
- Maintain customer information in the Accounting System
- Distribute daily invoicing to customers and internal parties when required
- Post invoices directly into customer portal (when applicable)
- Apply received funds to outstanding invoices - Send statements and dunning letters to customers.
- Work directly with customers to investigate and resolve invoicing discrepancies.
- Assist in the collection of past due receivables
- Responsible for running credit checks & the setup of new customers in AR system.
Cash: Retrieve and store Previous Day Reports from various bank sites
- Post cash receipts to the appropriate customer accounts and properly classify any miscellaneous cash receipts
- Process cleared checks into system.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of the cash and outstanding check accounts
- Responsible for fulfilling various Audit requests in a timely manner
- Preform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong Communication Skills, written and oral
- Must be detailed oriented
- Self motivated
- able to work independently
- Office 365: Word, Excel, Outlook - Intermediate to Advance
- Ariba Procurement and Supply Chain Software - Experience, a plus!